Risk is inherent in nonprofit organizations as in every other sector of the economy. One of the roles of the board is to ensure the systematic identification of the risks that threaten the mission and survival of a nonprofit organization. What is the board’s responsibility for risk management and how can board members discharge this duty? The goal of this Web seminar is to help participants define the role of the board and determine a workable strategy for getting the board engaged in risk management.
Watch the recording of this Web Seminar if:
- Your board has expressed an interest in risk management issues and desired to be informed
- You board is apathetic about the risks your nonprofit faces and needs a wake-up call about its role and responsibilities
- You want to learn practical strategies for getting your board “on board” with risk management
- You want to hear a straightforward discussion of how and why the board’s involvement in risk management is crucial to the success of your safety, loss prevention and litigation avoidance strategies
- You want to pose questions to a risk management expert about how you can safely define and manage the board’s participation in risk management without “crossing the line” from effective governance into micro-management.