Screening paid and volunteer staff is an important component of risk management. Despite the availability of a wealth of information and tools on screening, many nonprofit screening programs are not as effective as they might be due to errors in planning and design. A growing number of nonprofits are subject to screening requirements imposed by insurers, funders and others. Yet every organization, while complying with these requirements, must design a process that adequately reflects the risk of key positions without imposing too great a burden on the organization. This Webinar explores how to do just that.
Watch the recording of this Web Seminar if:
- You are responsible for designing the staff and/or volunteer screening process in your nonprofit
- You have questions or concerns about the validity or effectiveness of certain screening tools, such as background checks or reference checking
- You want to learn how to determine which screening tools make sense given the risks of a position in your nonprofit
- You want to learn practical strategies for screening effectively but within a certain timeframe and within your budget
- You want to hear a straightforward discussion of screening do’s and don’ts
- You want to pose questions to a risk management expert about how you can design a screening program that protects your nonprofit and your vulnerable clients and contributes to your overall risk management goals and activities.