Special events are increasingly common in the nonprofit sector. Yet safety often and unfortunately takes a back seat. If your nonprofit sponsors even one event annually, whether it’s an athletic competition held outdoors or a fundraising dinner, you need to begin incorporating the principles of special events risk management into your planning agenda and event protocols. With a little time and attention you can increase the odds that your event will achieve your goals rather than cause harm to your reputation, finances and ability to achieve your community-serving mission.
Purchase the recording of this Web Seminar if:
- Your nonprofit sponsors one or more special events each year but does not have an active safety committee
- You occasionally sign difficult-to-understand contracts with facilities, venues or local government agencies in order to schedule your special events
- Your vendors and contractors for special events routinely ask your nonprofit to indemnify them
- You want to hear a straightforward explanation and discussion of guiding rules for effective special events risk management
- You want to pose questions to a risk management expert about how you can conduct safe special events without removing the fun.