This 60-minute seminar provides practical tips on determining whether someone working on your behalf is an employee or an independent contractor. Unfortunately, many nonprofits get into trouble by choosing the most convenient option, versus what is legally required.
- Does your nonprofit have a framework for determining the classification of workers?
- Do you know what questions to ask and which answers reveal an independent contract?
- Do you have a contract with each independent contracting governing the relationship between your nonprofit and the contractor?
- Do you at what point your close supervision of an independent contractor makes them an employee under Department of Labor regulations?
Watch the recording of this Web Seminar if:
- You are concerned about whether your current independent contractors are properly classified
- You are preparing to hire new independent contractors and want to make certain you do it right
- You are curious about the financial penalties and consequences of improperly classifying employees
- You want to hear a simple explanation and discussion of the employee versus independent contractor issue
- You want to pose questions to a risk management expert about the way your nonprofit distinguishes between employees and independent contractors.