Portfolio of Ready Reference Pages, Volume I
Compiled from Don Kramer's Nonprofit Issues. Each issue of Nonprofit Issues includes a Ready Reference Page summarizing some aspect of the rules and regulations that control nonprofit activity.
This handy desk reference is a compilation of all the pages from December 1997 to December 1998. It also contains 6 special pages that were produced specially for this portfolio.
- Charities Must Set Value on 'Quid Pro Quo' Gifts
- IRS Requires Substantiation of Contributions
- How to Figure Lobbying Limits Under 501(h)
- Compare Benefits of 401(k) and 403(b) Plans
- Outflanking Foundations' Public Charity Defense
- Pa. Act 55 Defines 'Charity' Eligible for Exemptions
- Federal Law Protects Nonprofit Volunteers
- Foundations May Be Source of Venture Capital
- Tax Exempts Must Provide Applications, Returns
- "Sponsorship" Payments Not Subject to UBIT
- IRS Says Charities Must Control Joint Ventures
- IRS Issues Proposed Regulations on Travel Tours
- Nonprofits Often Worry About UBIT — Part I
- Excess Benefit Rules Provide Way to Avoid Tax
- Nonprofits Often Worry About UBIT — Part II
- Lobbying Rules Create Opportunities for Charities
- The Lawyer on the Board: Playing a Dual Role
- Should Your Organization Elect Under 501(h)?