Insurance is a popular and often effective form of risk-financing, and insurance program oversight is a key responsibility often fulfilled by a nonprofit’s internal Risk Champions or risk management team. The Nonprofit Risk Management Center team offers the following services and resources to support effective insurance program oversight in the nonprofit sector.
Consulting: Broker Selection Processes & Insurance Coverage Reviews
Learn more about our Insurance Broker Selection Process, a project we conduct when a nonprofit client wishes to validate its relationship with its current insurance broker, or explore other available brokerage services that could better suit the nonprofit’s mission. Our staff serve as facilitators throughout this important process, in order to:
- assure our clients that the selection process is carried out fairly and provides an independent perspective
- empower our clients to participate in the broker selection while learning more about their broker and coverage options.
We also offer Insurance Coverage Reviews in conjunction with a Risk Assessment or an Enterprise Risk Assessment. Our Insurance Coverage Reviews provide an independent opinion of the adequacy of your insurance coverage, based on the specific risks that your nonprofit faces. Our team reviews policies including D&O, Cyber/Privacy, CGL, WC, BOP, and more. During an Insurance Coverage Review, our team reads your policies line-by-line to identify any coverage gaps or inadequacies, and we deliver specific recommendations designed to strengthen your specific coverages and your insurance program as a whole.
Call 703.777.3504 or fill out this inquiry form to learn more about our consulting services.
Covered: An Insurance Handbook for Nonprofits
Our latest book, Covered: An Insurance Handbook for Nonprofits, will help you make wise risk-financing decisions for your nonprofit.
Covered is a perfect gift from an insurance agent or broker to your nonprofit insureds. We offer offer bulk publication discounts and options for co-branding bulk publication orders with your company’s logo. Call 703.777.3504 to set up a bulk purchase.
Our Affiliate Members access an exclusive online Webinar Vault with 150+ recorded programs on various risk management and insurance topics. Join the Affiliate Member program now to access webinars including:
- The Insurance Marketplace
- EPLI: What You Need to Know
- Nonprofit D&O: What’s New & What You Need to Know
- Putting Your Insurance Program Out to Bid: A Practical Approach
- Evaluating the Adequacy of Your Insurance Coverage
Our annual conference, the Risk Summit, often features workshops on insurance program oversight and emerging exposures and coverages. The Risk Summit attracts nonprofit leaders including Risk Managers, CFOs, Executive Directors, Senior Counsel and more, as well as industry supporters of the nonprofit sector, including insurance carriers and brokers, and personnel from law firms and background checking firms.
We offer these free online resources to benefit the nonprofit sector:
- Risk Management Essentials: The Insurance Fundamentals Issue
- Glossary of Risk Management & Insurance Terms
- Insurance for Cyber Risks Q&A
- Data Privacy & Cyber Liability: What You Don’t Know Puts Your Mission at Risk
- Liability & the Board: What Governing Teams Need to Know