Tips for Employees on Off-Site Assignment
When parking your vehicle:
- Park as close to the entrance as legally possible (under a street light at night).
- Avoid parking next to vans, campers or trucks that could conceal someone from your view.
- Back into slots in an underground garage or parking lot.
- Engage the parking brake.
- Have exact change for parking meters (but don’t keep change in your vehicle).
- Take the parking lot ticket with you.
- Check your surroundings before unlocking the door; if anyone strikes you as suspicious, don’t get out of the car.
- Do not leave keys in the ignition.
- Do not leave a spare key hidden in or on the car.
- Do not leave packages or briefcases etc. on car seats; they’re only a temptation to break in and steal.
- Lock your vehicle.