Code of Conduct
[Name of Nonprofit] is a community-based organization dedicated to providing [description of mission or services]. Participation in the organization’s programs is subject to the observance of the organization’s rules and procedures. The activities outlined below are strictly prohibited. Any staff member (employee or volunteer) who violates this Code is subject to discipline, up to and including dismissal.
- Abusive language towards a staff member or volunteer.
- Possession or use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs on [Name of Nonprofit]’s property or reporting to the program while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Bringing onto [Name of Nonprofit]’s property dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, or other weapons.
- Discourtesy or rudeness to a fellow worker.Verbal, physical or visual harassment of another worker.
- Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group.
- Conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others.
- Failure to follow any agency policy or procedure.
- Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any participant.
- Failing to cooperate with a supervisor.
I have read and I understand the [Name of Nonprofit]’s Code of Conduct. I agree to abide by the rules described above and understand that I may be dismissed if I violate any of these rules.
Signature ______________________________________ Date _____________
Witness _______________________________________ Date _____________