How to Change the Organization to Prevent Job Stress
- Ensure that the workload is in line with staff members’ capabilities and resources.
- Design jobs to provide meaning, stimulation, and opportunities for employees and volunteers to use their skills.
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities.
- Give staff members opportunities to participate in decisions and actions affecting their jobs.
- Improve communications — reduce uncertainty about career development and future employment prospects.
- Provide opportunities for social interaction among staff members.
- Establish work schedules that are compatible with demands and responsibilities outside the job.
— American Psychologist