When Trouble Materializes
Tips for Employees and Volunteers
When you have car trouble:
- Drive to a busy, well-lighted street, if possible.
- Pull on the parking brake and turn on the vehicle’s flashing lights.
- If you have a wireless phone, call for assistance (the police, a towing service, a friend or colleague).
- Wait inside your car with the windows rolled up and the doors locked until the person you called arrives.
- Never leave with an unknown person to seek help. Instead, through a closed window, ask the person to call a towing service or the police.