Bloodborne Pathogens PPE Guidelines
Some general PPE Guidelines include:
- Wear gloves when handling chemicals and/or body fluids.
- Wear safety shoes/boots/covers if hazardous substance is likely to splash.
- Wear an apron/gown/coveralls if hazardous substance is likely to splash.
- Use a respirator when hazardous substance is airborne such as tuberculosis.
- Remove PPE carefully to avoid contaminating yourself.
- Dispose of PPE in designated containers before leaving area.
Protect Staff From Bloodborne Pathogen Contamination