The Center's staff presents keynote addresses, workshops, seminars and other training programs that speak directly to the staff and board members of nonprofit organizations. We use examples that reflect the mission, values and critical issues facing nonprofits in order to teach sound risk management principles and techniques. Engagements last for as short as one hour to as long as several days. A list of topics we've presented to other organizations can be found here. Please call us at (202) 785-3891 and discuss your specific needs.
[Your event] was one of the most worthwhile conferences I have attended! The presenters were all well prepared and the content was practical and applicable.
Leslie T. Gibbons, Portland Ballet, Portland, ME
The Center's staff develops online training available to nonprofit professionals and volunteers 24/7 in the form of tutorials, risk management classes or live, interactive Web seminars.
Topic-specific online classes usually include quizzes, a final test and a certificate of successful completion. The Center has designed classes with mission-specific language and visuals for several nonprofits.
Live Web seminars involve a visual presentation, accompanying handouts that participants download from our Web site, and the opportunity to engage in live chat with the presenter during the session. The entire Web seminar can be viewed and heard at a later date by downloading a video file created on the date of the program. The Center has developed Webinars for several nonprofit organizations.
The Center has customized such existing online tools as My Risk Management Plan for large nonprofit organizations.
The Center can present a single topic or a series of topics based on your needs. Call us at (202) 785-3891. We can help you isolate topics to strengthen the performance of paid and volunteer staff. We can also design and deliver risk management training for your board members and senior staff that will empower them to better serve the organization's mission and service recipients.
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- “Managing Governance Risks,” The Center for Nonprofit Resources, Toledo, OH, January 28, 2010
- “Risk Management, Transparency and Science: A Closer Look,” Research Institute for Fragrance Materials, February 9, 2010, West Orange, NJ.
- “Managing the Organization's Risks,” and “Managing the Organization's Human Resources.” Certificate in Nonprofit Leadership & Management, Austin Community College and Texas Association of Nonprofit Organizations, May 28-29, 2010, Austin, Texas
- “Financial Risk Management: 10 Lessons You Can’t Afford to Miss,” Camp Finance, The Nonprofit Center (www.npcenter.org), June 11, 2010, Tacoma, WA
- “Risk Management,” Leadership Series, General Assembly, YMCA of the USA, July 10, 2010, Salt Lake City, UT