Tips for Employees on Off-Site Assignment
If you are using public transportation or a taxi to get to your assignment:
- Determine risk levels of bus, subway, train, and walking to the destination.
- Scope out the route by car with a friend first to identify the safest route to take from the stop to your destination.
- Use busy, well-lit stops.
- Keep aware of your surroundings—no dozing or daydreaming.
- If you take a taxi to the assignment, how will you get back? Will cabs hailed on the street stop to pick up passengers? Ask the taxi driver to wait until you are inside the building before driving away.